Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Boo at the Zoo

Last Friday night was Boo at the Zoo.  I knew it might be pushing it going just two days after surgery, but I wanted the kids to get out of the house.  Matthew is going to be out of town for Halloween, so I wanted him to get to see the kids dressed up too!  We were glad that the Scott's joined us as well.
It was fun, except we didn't get to see many animals because it was dark.  Next year we might brave the weekend crowds and go during the day!

It was hard coming up with an outfit for Evie this year since she isn't really into anything yet.  I'm sure next year she will have her own opinion!  I think she looks precious as Dorothy and she just says she is a princess.  I had to let Mason watch the Wizard of Oz because he had no idea who Dorothy was either!

such cuties

Mason has said he wanted to be Iron Man since last Halloween, but changed his mind about a month ago.  He saw this in a magazine and had to be a ninja because they have swords.  Such a boy!

I was beginning to doubt our decision to go when he fell asleep at 5:00pm on the way there.  He was fine while at the zoo, but wanted to sit in stroller and was exhausted when we got home.



Sweet sister was trying to share her animal crackers with the giraffes!


Riding the carosuel 

Mom of the year award goes to me when I put Mason on a horse on the merry go round.  He immediately screamed "ouch" and decided he would rather sit.  I didn't even think about him being too sore to straddle a horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment