Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Louisiana Send Off

The Buteaus, Lewis, and Raines hosted a Crawfish Boil yesterday as a going away party for us.  I loved that everything was centered around Louisiana and crawfish.  Who would have thought that when we moved here 4 years ago, that we would have fallen in love with this place and all the friendships we have made here.  Since we really don't have a "move date" yet, I refused to really acknowledge that it was a going away party and just had fun with our friends.  I know as the time goes on and we start moving things, that I will be a mess of tears!

cute invites


I am in love with their matching outfits!

they hung up pictures of us on the tent

Everyone brought a little something for us to remember Louisiana.  We got fun things like crawfish placemats, dish towels, cookie cutters, fleur de lis, cajun spices, Monjuni's sauces, cookbooks, a crawfish for my Happy Everything plate, and several other cute things.


centerpieces on tables

me, Erinn, and Lindsey

I was so happy Leslie drove in from Dallas!  Leslie, me, Lindsey, and Erinn

Matthew, Neil, and Trey

our family

the favors were crawfish cookies that said "pray for their journey to Colorado"

Neil and Matthew

Some of the kiddos playing

Erin and me

I just noticed that Evie is chewing on someone's shoe in the picture!  There is no telling how many leaves and grass she ate too.  We kept finding it in her mouth.  Oh well!

Ashleigh and me

Georgia, Mason, and Maddie

Leigh, Megan, and me

Karla and Keith.  She has taken over teaching our SS class and we are loving it.

Molly, Lindsay, Lindsey, Leigh Ann, and Leslie

me and Lindsay

crawfish!

Beau and Neil

sweet Catherine

yummy!

Trey, Erin, Molly, and Leigh 

Sister was worn out so she took a little nap in one of the boys' cribs

the boys: Brown, Briggs, Drew, Mason, Bennett, and Henry
these two make me smile


sweat and dirt: can't get much better than that!
Thanks to everyone who helped and came to celebrate with us!  It was a day we will always remember and I'm sure we will have several more little goodbye get togethers before the big move.  Shreveport will always be such a special place to us because this is where we became first a family of three and then of four. We also made the best friendships here and we will cherish them forever!

2 comments: